Catholic Services Appeal
THE 2020 CATHOLIC SERVICES APPEAL (CSA)
- Our parish and all the parishes of the Archdiocese of Detroit are in the midst of this year’s CSA, which provides funding for the many programs and ministries offered by the Archdiocese to the People of God in southeast Michigan and to our parishes and Catholic institutions.
- Our parish’s target for this year’s CSA is $171,090.00 (15% less than last year). Parish targets are reduced due to the reduction in parish offertory collections and cost reductions made by the Archdiocese during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- As in the past, donations received over the parish’s CSA target will be returned to the parish. If there is a shortfall, the parish will have to transfer funds from our budget to meet the parish’s CSA target.
- To surpass this year’s CSA target, what is needed is for us to challenge ourselves to sacrifice a little more. This can be accomplished by asking every parish household, if possible, for a donation of $275.00 to the CSA. Some may only give this amount and others will be able to give more while still others may only be able to afford less. Please remember, what is being asked is not an equal gift but an equal sacrifice.
- This year I am offering $275.00 to the CSA. This is in addition to what I contribute to the parish in my weekly contribution envelopes. I invite you to join me and offer the gift that is right for you! Please read carefully the information you received from the Archdiocese of Detroit regarding this year’s CSA and support the CSA to the best of your financial ability.
- Use the CSA donation card mailed to you or donate online at aod.org or with a phone call to the Archdiocese at 313-596-7330. If mailing your donation use the return envelope you received and mail your CSA gift directly to the Archdiocese. You do not need to mail your CSA contribution or hand deliver it to the parish office or place it in the weekend collection basket.
- Your participation in the CSA supports not only the Archdiocese of Detroit, but St. Colette Parish as well. The support of all of us is critical to our ability to do the work God has called us to do. In faith, we must continue our mission to share the light of Christ in southeast Michigan, especially during these times of great need and opportunity.